We are living in a generation where we rely heavily on GPS navigations to find the best routes for our day-to-day commutes. While Garmin Maps are a promising alternative, we know that nothing can come close to the ease of GPS navigations that guides the user throughout the journey. In this way, GPS Solutions not only help you to reach your destination, they also help you to reduce the stress of commute, save time, conserve energy, and reduce the expense of travelling. It, therefore, becomes of critical importance to ensure that your Garmin GPS Software is able to function properly and efficiently. Garmin Ltd. Is constantly releasing updates to ensure a flawless experience for their users, however, it is a two way process. You need to be able to find the update and download it into your Device to ensure a smooth usage.
How? Let us tell you…
Garmin regularly releases Garmin GPS updates on its official website. The installation is very easy, however, you need to be able to ensure if you already have the latest software or not by going to your device’s settings. Checking your settings also let you decide which update you need to download and install.
If you are still unsure on how to install the update, check out the step-by-step guide below.
Before Installing the Garmin GPS Update…
Make sure that you have completed the following steps:
- Firstly, download and install Garmin Express Application in your computer.
- Ensure that your Device is completely charged.
- Now connect the Garmin GPS Device to your computer using a mini-USB cable.
- Launch the pre-installed Garmin Express Application.
- Click on the “Get Started” option and the select “Add A Device “on the user interface.
- Let the Application detect your Device. If the Device cannot be found, check your connections properly and try again.
How Can You Install Garmin GPS Update?
Given below is a step-by-step guide for installing Garmin GPS Software Updates with ease.
However, please ensure that you have already downloaded and installed the Garmin Express Application on your computer and have logged into your official account. It is only after then that the application shall be able to identify all the versions and updates available for your device properly.
Also note that installing a Garmin GPS update can be a lengthy process, specifically if you are installing the update for the first time on your Device. This is why it is important that you ensure that your device is fully charged and it won’t shut down during the process.
Step-By-Step Guide for Installing Garmin GPS Updates
Follow the following steps in the given order to comfortably download and install all the Garmin GPS updates:
- Make sure you have completed the all Pre-Required Steps before you start with the process.
- As a first time user, you would be required to Register your Device in the Garmin Express Application. Registering your device enables the Application to find the suitable updates, which can then be downloaded and installed effortlessly.
- After you have clicked on “Add Device” you will be required to enter your registered mail address. Click on the “Next” button.
- Add your Garmin login and password information to allow the application to download updates for you.
- Select a nickname for your GPS Device, and then click on the “Next” button.
- Then, select “Yes” or “No” for data collection.
- Proceed to download the updates and select “Install All”.
Know Latest Garmin Nuvi Updates
Garmin Nuvi has gained international recognition for its map navigation devices however, since new roads are constantly under development, Nuvi also requires constant updates to provide you with the best navigations and routes. Devices often inform their users about the availability of new updates to ensure that the maps being used are of the latest version. Garmin Nuvi Updates are free to download and can easily be installed on the Device. These updates usually carry important information about the changes in the streets, roads, or shops which make the maps more realistic.
To download Garmin Nuvi Updates for free, you can follow the step-by-step process given below:
- Make sure you have Pre-Installed Garmin Express Application on your computer.
- Connect your Garmin GPS Device with your computer using a USB cable.
- You should be able to see an “update” option on your Garmin Express Application. Click the “update “button.
- This should open all types of updates on your computer screen. Click on the “Install All” button to install the Garmin Nuvi map updates.
- This should start the installation of the Garmin Nuvi updates in your Device. This process could take few minutes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the Garmin GPS Update with the help of Garmin Express Application Software.
- After the process is complete, remove the Garmin GPS Device from the system by safely ejecting it and unplugging it from the cable.
- Your map should now be ready to use.
If you have followed the steps correctly, then your Garmin Nuvi Device must be successfully updated. Now you can enjoy the fully updated map with the convenience of Garmin’s navigations.