How Can You Fix Magellan GPS Update Problems?
For users, if you are going to update your Magellan GPS Map Device, it will ensure a better performing device. So, it is recommended that you should keep your device updated to get the right directions along with shortcuts. If you didn’t face magellan gps update problems yet, feel lucky as most users have faced many issue with this device.
Many users are still using this Magellan GPS and facing some problems while using this device. Some users face some issues at the time of trying to download this device. If you are one of those, you don’t need to worry at all. This is because problems can get resolved quickly, but some issues need technical advice. If you want to get these Magellan GPS Updates, these updates are including some latest updates for its maps, firmware, navigational guide, and some sorts of new functionalities.
We have decided to write this blog to offer you an easy troubleshooting guide for those who are facing some Magellan GPS Map hassles. Let’s come and know some sorts of specific issues which are stated below:
A Few Common Magellan GPS Update Problems
- You are a failure in updating this device.
- Why you are getting a message “Failed to read source file” while trying to update Magellan firmware.
- Magellan GPS locked up after getting some latest updated maps.
- Why am I getting some corrupted Magellan map updates?
- You are not able to make some payment for Paid Magellan map updates.
- You are unable to update Magellan GPS maps for free.
- How will you fix the “Firmware not updated” error message?
This Magellan device is not able to restore power after you got too many updates.
As mentioned above, these are some of the problems which one can face while using this Magellan GPS Device. But, you might be facing some other Magellan map update problems. If it happens, do not panic as we will help you to resolve all the problems with ease and comfort. Now, you need to know some troubleshooting Magellan update problems by resetting the Magellan Device.
How to Reset Magellan GPS Device?
Resetting the Magellan GPS unit can be the best pick in the matter of resolving some Magellan update related problems. If you are going to reset your GPS device, it can fix some sorts of hardware/software issues. As you know that Magellan GPS Device comes with three types of options for resetting, you can choose an option as per your requirements. Some of the GPS devices have a two-way sliding button wherein some have three-way sliding buttons, and others have the option Reset Pinhole button on them.
You just need to slide the button to get the Off/Reset option just for few seconds until your device restarts. Now, if you want to know how to reset a Magellan GPS map device, read our blog carefully. You may confront some issues with Magellan GPS Map download or other sorts of errors. It is time to know some methods to reset a Magellan GPS device. Some of the methods are given below:
- Hard reset with pinhole button
- Hard reset with the power button
- Hard reset with hidden menu
- Hard reset with the main menu
- Hard reset with reset menu
If you are going for a hard reset with the main menu, all types of GPS devices need to be reset occasionally. If you are going to reset the GPS map device, this helps in resolving any sort of error, which you may get for Magellan GPS updates or firmware updates.
If you will choose this hard reset, it will automatically erase any sort of minor error and restore the unit to its original configuration. If you are going to reset your device with the main menu, follow some of the given steps.
- You will press the Main Menu on your unit.
- Then, select the option “View”.
- You will select the option “Settings”.
- Then, you will click on the option “Restore Factory Settings”.
- You will see a confirmation message with your final consent.
- Then, you will click on the button “confirm” to reset your device.
Are you finding it easy? Isn’t it? If you are facing some Magellan GPS Update Problems with this, we can help you in a way so that you can get better solutions.