Vizio ranks among the most popular brands. Likewise, a wide range of models is available at differing price points. Vizio TV is not working or showing has been a common issue with people.
Apps that are often connected to the internet can be run on your VIZIO Smart TV. When you encounter problems with your Smart TV, you will need to solve the glitch on both the TV side as well as the network side
What is the issue, why is it not working?
An outdated application or a poor network connection may be the cause of this error.
A bug in the application: The issue is likely caused by a change to the bug that is interfering with the function of the application. Sometimes, the app containing an automatic glitch may begin to create problems of its own, and some features may break.
The availability of storage is limited: Applications these days require large amounts of memory on a computer. There might be too many apps installed on your device. Due to this, the smart TV is insufficiently capable of running, causing the problem.
The internet doesn’t work: Many applications need a connection to the internet. It is not possible to access the internet if the smart TV is not connected. As a result, the app won’t show its contents or load on the smart tv
Invalid app data: A corruption of the app data is most likely the second cause of the error. Additionally, the corrupted data prevents apps from launching or functioning properly.
Various methods to fix Vizio smart TVs
Method 1: Ensure you have a good Internet connection
- You can use the Vizio remote to access the Menu.
- Press the OK button after selecting the network.
- By selecting Test Connection or Network Test, you will be able to test your connection.
- A download speed indicator will appear on your smart TV.
NOTE-In case you cannot view the download speed, use another device to check your network connection.
Ensure that your television and router are both connected to an active source of the Internet for the first step. It is likely that one or both devices will not be connected, and a few things will have to be compromised. If your Vizio Smart TV cannot connect to any smart features, such as apps and streaming video, you will be unable to use them.
Method 2: Power cycle your smart television and modem
Power cycling means disconnecting the device from electrical power if it has issues with overloading. Generally, solves temporary problems that arise when the device becomes overheated. You can power cycle by following these instructions
Ensure your Smart TV is turned off.
- Your router and modem should be removed from the outlet as well.
- After you have unplugged your router and modem, wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging them back in.
- Connection to the Internet must be established between the router and modem.
- Make sure your Smart TV is turned on and try again.
There may be a problem with the internet connection, but the app still fails to appear. If this still does not work let us know if you try turning off both devices (your Vizio Smart TV and the Wireless Router) for about 30 seconds and then turning them both back on.
Method 3: Update the Affected App
A malfunctioning app may be a result of an outdated operating system. It is possible to fix Vizio TV apps not showing or working by updating the app. As a consequence, any software relying on these files will run properly as well. The following instructions will walk you through updating the Vizio Smart TV app:
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the TV or the outlet, depending on which is more convenient.
- For best results, hold the TV’s power button down for 3-5 seconds.
- The menu on some TVs allows you to power cycle them as well. You can do this by pressing the menu button on your TV remote and selecting System > Reset & Admin > Soft Power Cycle. Upon selecting the soft power cycle, your unit will power off and restart.
After the process is complete, reboot your smart tv to see if the problem has been resolved. Using the following instructions, you can update any application on smart tv.
Method 4 – Reinstalling the application
Even after performing the update, the app still does not work. This indicates that there is a malfunction in the resource pack for the app or that the app data has been corrupted.
If you can’t uninstall the affected app, you can still try to cleanse the corrupted file. The solution to this issue is to uninstall the app after that, then reinstall it again. The application data may be altered by this method.
How to Reinstall the app?
- You can access the menu by pressing the Menu button on your smart TV remote.
- Open the App Manager from Settings.
- Mark the app you want to remove from your computer and make sure it’s highlighted.
The Yellow button should be pressed. Select the Deleting app option.